-
September 16th, 2005, 12:33 AM
#1
Inactive Member
Ok, so some of my separately boxed and shipped items arrived! Here are my reviews:
Elizabeth's Christmas Gown: very, very tight! and on new Elizabeth no less! the seams in the bodice are stretched to the max, they are just about to come apart! The sleeves were a struggle as well! I think this dress is a very pretty and elaborate design though compared to past dresses that they had put out. The hair ribbon is actually a soft headband (connected and with an elastic) so that you don't have to worry about tying it on each time. The choker is just a gold border ribbon, and the shoes, these are so very tight as well, I had a very hard time putting these on, they are all fabric slippers that have a very pointy toe (kind of like elf shoes). Nice style but too tight to have to deal with each time, I am going to call for a new one.
Polly and Cradle: Nothing wrong with this, in fact it is the cutest thing! the baby is a miniature Bitty Baby right down to her fingers and toes! Her poor head keeps touching the top of the cradle head though because her mattress is probably too poufy. The color of the cradle is much darker than my Felicity bed and night table, almost the same as Felicity's table and chairs but still a bit darker. Don't know if this is the case with everyone, just with mine. Baby's gown is a nice antique beige pink.
Felicity's Tea Gown: Very tight sleeves still and I believe I have a new one after the sleeves were fixed! It does go on with some elbow grease but it shouldn't be this hard to dress your dolls, you know? It's made of a heavy gauge damask like fabric with flower embroidery, it's all one piece too, the kerchief is attached. The slippers are just the same backless satin slippers with rosebuds on them, still cute. The hat is very detailed with lots of ribbons and ribbon flowers. Again a beautifully styled outfit but I will have to call for another one. Geesh! I wonder how Mattel is handling all these problems! Someone really messed up with the sizing of these gowns!
Felicity's Christmas Gown: this gown fit perfectly! and since the skirt is a separate piece, it flounces out the gown nicely! It's so much easier to put on too with the button-on stomachers that actually closes the gown up (it still comes with both). It's nice that the shoes come with it now (no socks though), same shoes as Elizabeth's meet shoes only with blue flowers. I wish the necklace was the magnetic closure kind, I find the screw in clasp kind of hard to close. This gown's styling is similar to Elizabeth's meet gown only better quality, separate pieces and a thicker, more course taffeta.
Hair Studio DVD: I haven't watched this yet, I will give you guys an review once I do though.
<font color="#051E50" size="1">[ September 15, 2005 09:36 PM: Message edited by: Chauster ]</font>
Posting Permissions
- You may not post new threads
- You may not post replies
- You may not post attachments
- You may not edit your posts
-
Forum Rules
Bookmarks